How Can We Serve You?
IVRS has resources to help you determine the kind of job
that might fit your skills and interests. Your counselor will help you
determine the services you need. Some of the options you might use:
Assessment and Evaluation Learn
about your interests, abilities and strengths and how to use them
to find the right job for you.
- Transition Be involved with your school to develop
job options and create work experience.
- Assistive Technology Learn about adaptive aids,
techniques and job restructuring that can help you do the job or help
you at home.
- Community Based Assessment (CBA) Test and
use your skills, strengths, abilities in a work site to explore career
- Referral to Other Services Learn what other community
resources can help you in preparing for a job.
Managing Your Disability
As you prepare for employment, IVRS can also assist you in living on
your own. Depending on your situation you might use:
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Independent Living Services identify what you need
to improve your chance for independent living.
- Disability Management Learn how to manage your
disability and medical needs more effectively.
- Personal Assistants Learn how to find, hire and
train personal assistants.
- Assistive Technology Learn how technology and adaptive
equipment can benefit you.
- Benefits Planning
Preparing for a Job
IVRS can offer services to assist you in preparing for a job. Services
are determined on an individual basis.
- Training Learn job skills for specific careers.
- Education Further your education to achieve employment
- On the Job Training Arrange for training at the
- Tools, Licenses and Equipment We may provide the
items you need to secure employment.
- Adaptive Aids and Devices Explore assistive technology
and what it can do for you.
Finding a Job
Finding the right job is key to a successful life. We can assist you
in your job search with:
- Placement Services We can help you with job leads,
information and referral to jobs.
- Job Club You can gain support and help for your
- Job Consultation We can assist with information
on accommodations and special services to employers.
- Assistive Technology We might provide the adaptive
equipment you need to get and keep your job.
- Job Seeking Skills Training Learn how to find the
job market, apply for a job, discuss disability issues, interview
and get a job.
- Specialized Placement Preparation We can provide
you with one on one service to assist you in getting a job.
- Self-Employment Developing your own business can
be explored as an option for you.